Regional Dual Credit Coordinator Job Posting - Career Transitions
If you thrive on collaboration, flexibility and creativity AND you enjoy working with high school students, this may be the right job for you.
Career Transitions, in partnership with six school divisions in Southwestern Alberta, is looking to hire a Regional Dual Credit Coordinator. This position is a part-time, 10-month contract and is connected to an innovative pilot project that will positively impact students from the region.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with a team of educators and industry/community leaders to sustain and enhance a successful experiential learning program for high school students,
- Supporting student success by mentoring, motivating, and monitoring progress,
- Communicating effectively with multiple stakeholders,
- Promoting the value of experiential learning to all stakeholders including students, their parents, industry representatives and educators,
- Consulting with school division partners in supporting their dual credit students.
What you’ll need to do it:
- Exceptional communication skills that allow you to build relationships with multiple stakeholders – students, parents, teachers, college faculty members, business and industry representatives and the community at large,
- Proven ability to work independently and within a self managed team,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace,
- Working knowledge of school systems and assets, including dual credit,
- Background in career development would be desirable.
- B Ed with considerable work experience in the high school/off-campus setting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle (travel allowance will be available), must supply your own cell phone and laptop.
Who we are:
Career Transitions is a community based, charitable organization with a mission to build stronger connections between employers, educators and the secondary school students who will make up our future workforce. We partner with post secondary institutions and business & industry to serve over 70 schools in Southwestern Alberta. We deliver quality career exploration programs and events designed to introduce students to the wide range of future career opportunities available to them in our region. Our office is located in Lethbridge.
Questions can be directed to Judy Stolk-Ingram, Executive Director, using the email address below or call 403.328.3996 during business hours. Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, references, and cover letter to email@example.com on or before 4:00 pm on June 11, 2022. Interviews will take place on June 15.
Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications.