Register for Busing
Non-Designated Student Transportation Request
If you are requesting that your child/children receive transportation to a Non-Designated School (which is outside of their approved attendance boundary) you will also need to review policy IC – School Attendance Areas and complete the attached Non-Designated Placement Request and Transportation Request forms (in addition to the Transportation Request Form listed above).
It is also very important to note the following:
- Currently the province of Alberta provides funding for school bus transportation, subject to certain conditions. Funding is provided for transportation to a student’s designated school, and only for distances greater than 2.4 kilometers.
- Students whose residence is less than 2.4 km from their designated school are not funded for transportation unless there are special needs.
- Students may attend a school of choice, but the province only funds transportation to the designated school if the place of residence is greater than 2.4 km.
- School bus transportation is only guaranteed for students attending their designated school and residing 2.4 km or greater from that school.
- Non-Designated applications are approved on a yearly basis and are subject to criteria listed on the Non-Designated Transportation Application Form.
- If a student is approved for transportation to a non-designated school, re-application must be made each year.
Please Note: That it may take 48-72 hours to review this type of bussing request. Children should not ride the bus until the request has been approved and a bus driver has made contact with you.