If you thrive on collaboration, flexibility and creativity AND you enjoy working with high school students, this may be the right job for you.
Career Transitions, in partnership with six school divisions in Southwestern Alberta, is looking to hire a Regional Dual Credit Coordinator. This new position is a part-time, 10-month contract and is connected to an innovative pilot project that will positively impact students from the region. This contract is likely to be renewed and the right candidate will be in a position to negotiate some of their work arrangements.
What you’ll be doing:
• Collaborating with a team of educators, and industry/community leaders to develop a sustainable, successful experiential learning program for high school students
• Supporting student success by mentoring, motivating and monitoring progress
• Communicating effectively with multiple stakeholders
• Contributing to curriculum development
• Creating and delivering presentations that promote the value of experiential learning to students and their parents
What you’ll need to do it:
• Exceptional communication skills that allow you to build relationships with multiple stakeholders – students, parents, teachers, college faculty members, business and industry representatives and the community at large
• Proven ability to work independently and within a self managed team
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
• Working knowledge of school systems and assets; along with background in career development would be desirable
• Ideally, a B Ed with one to two years of work experience in an educational setting.
• Human Services degree or diploma may be considered
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle (travel allowance will be available), must supply your own cell phone and laptop.
Who we are:
Career Transitions is a community based, charitable organization with a mission to build stronger connections between employers, educators and the secondary school students who will make up our future workforce. We partner with post secondary institutions and business & industry to serve over 70 schools in Southwestern Alberta. We deliver quality career exploration programs and events designed to introduce students to the wide range of future career opportunities available to them in our region. Our office is located in Lethbridge.
Questions can be directed to Judy Stolk-Ingram, Executive Director, using the email address below or call 403.328.3996 during business hours. Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, references, and cover letter to email@example.com on or before 4:00 pm on October 11, 2022. Interviews will take place on Oct. 14.
Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications.