Alberta's government introduced a series of mandatory COVID-19 measures that impact various sectors of our communities. The premier declared a state of Public Health Emergency and schools are affected in the following ways:
- Grade 7-12 students will transition to at-home learning (Scenario 3) with their regular teacher(s) beginning Monday, November 30 until Christmas break. Classes continue this week through Friday, Nov 27.
- Early Learning through Grade 6 programming will continue as normal until Christmas break.
- All students from Kindergarten through Grade 12 will participate in at-home learning (Scenario 3) after the Christmas break from January 4 through 8, 2021.
- On Jan 11, all students, including children in Early Learning programs, will resume regular classes in schools.
- Diploma exams are optional for the rest of the 2020-2021 school year. Families will have the ability to decide whether students write diplomas. Those not writing will be exempted and their school mark will be their final mark. Those wishing to write diplomas will continue to see a combined mark with the diploma weighted at 30% of the total grade.
These provincial decisions were based on advice from the Chief Medical Officer of Health and are intended to limit the spread of COVID-19. We understand parents, students, and staff will have questions and we encourage you to contact your school and visit our website for the most up to date information. We remain committed to providing detailed plans and information as they become available. Thank you for your continued flexibility and adaptability as we navigate this work.